Advertisement

In the Meantime

In the Meantime In the meantime

I can see what's behind me
It's getting clean time
Been keeping my own company


I’m watching the road and looking for signs
In a field of poppies with land mines
Whole lot of memories buried here
I see them in dreams so clear


In the meantime... (2x)


And in between times
Try not to think about her
Greenwich Meantime
And the way we were


I wrote her a letter
Didn’t know where to send it
Ain’t got the words
Could ever mend it
Waiting for time to pass
Is such a drag
All I feel is what I lack


In the meantime...
(Feeling low down got to keep my faith)
In the meantime…
(And in the meantime guess I just have to wait)


These are mean times
Better hang onto your hat
There's an ill wind blowin’
Ain’t no shelter from that


The milk of human kindness is curdled now
Ain’t the fault of the farmer, can’t blame the cow
Come back, baby, we can get through the lean times
I’ll be right here, in the meantime…


In the meantime...
(Feeling low down got to keep my faith)
In the meantime…
(In the meantime guess I just have to wait)


(copyright 2016)

Meantime

Post a Comment

0 Comments