Advertisement

My Finishing Process for Woodworking- Ask Matt #12

My Finishing Process for Woodworking- Ask Matt #12 Surface prep is as important as applying a finish well. If there are any defects in your workpiece, they will become painfully obvious once a finish is applied. A good surface prep regimen is essential for a great finish. My go to finish is Arm-r-Seal from General Finishes. It is a wiping varnish that I apply with a rag. I'll typically apply 5 coats of finish. The first coat I apply heavily, allowing the finish to soak into the wood. I follow up each coat sanding with 600 grit sand paper.

This is the twelfth episode of my Ask Matt series where I answer broader topic questions. If you have an idea for a topic for a future episode, please let me know.


Products Used
General Finishes Arm-r-Seal Semi-Gloss:
Painter's Pyramids:


Support What I Do:



Website:
Instagram:
Twitter:
Facebook:


The Secretary Doors:
Grain Patterns:
Sculpted Ladle:

woodworking,woodshop,furniture making,matt cremona,matthew cremona,fine woodworking,period furniture,arm-r-seal,general finishies,Polyurethane (Chemical Compound),minwax,wood finish,Wood Finishing,wiping varnish,

Post a Comment

0 Comments