Advertisement

Regaining Body Confidence After DISABILITY | A Self Love Journey

Regaining Body Confidence After DISABILITY | A Self Love Journey Body confidence has so many different parts and pieces to it beyond how it looks. When your body changes whether through weight, disability, or disease your self perception and self love can drastically shift. After amputation I lost my identity and rebuilding myself was not an easy task. I share with you the difference 9 years of working on body confidence can have on someone. What you see online is the finished product. You don't get to see the year of crying after school, the punching of your stomach because there's too much fat. You don't see the constant measuring of body parts or the self loathing because of not being able to complete basic tasks like getting a plate of food. You don't see the hundreds of outfits that left the house or hear the negative words you whisper to yourself daily. This was my reality for years until I took control of my life. I decided cancer and these insecurities were winning in my life. They were holding me back from my true potential. Without taking that first step in changing my self perception I would not be the Paralympic snowboarder, mother, and person I am today. It's okay to hurt and it's okay to allow yourself the time to heal, but it's up to you to take the reigns of your life and more on beyond your insecurities and body self consciousness. I think the goods of this videos begins at 10 minutes but that's just me.

women empowerment,body positivity,body confidence,confidence,amputee,amputation,yas queen,self love,radical acceptance,disability advocate,disease,body love,real life,empower,empowerment,real talk,story time,paralympics,paralympic snowboarder,gold medalist,

Post a Comment

0 Comments