Advertisement

Meaning of TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Meaning of TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles READ ALONG TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH AND TO LEARN THE MEANING OF TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT: So in English, when you are selling something to someone and you don't want to change the price you are asking, you might say take it or leave it. A good example would be if you were selling a car and you wanted $3000 for the car. Maybe someone comes and offers you $2000 for the car. You might say to them, "I want $3000 for the car. "Take it or leave it." What you are saying is either agree to the price, agree to the deal of taking it for $3000, or just leave it, just don't buy the car at all. So when you say take it or leave it, basically what you're saying is agree or disagree. I do this sometimes when my kids come home from school and I give them a snack. Sometimes they don't like the snack that I'm offering, and I'll just say, "Take it or leave it," 'cause I'm always happy to eat the snack if they don't want it.

Yeah, anyways, we have another saying, and this is kind of a rude thing to say. If I say to someone, "Take it or leave it," and they say they don't want to buy the thing I am selling, I could say to them, "Well, your loss," and what I'm saying there is that I think they should have bought it. So maybe I am selling my car for $3000, but I actually think it's in really good shape and that it's worth a lot more, and if the person will not pay me $3000, I could say, "Well, your loss, "because you could have gotten "a really good car for only $3000." By the way, in those examples, you don't often find a good car in Canada for $3000. You usually pay quite a bit more for it. Anyways, on an unrelated note, here is a beautiful picture of the river behind my house. It is frozen solid today. It is so cold out here. Anyways, Bob the Canadian here. Have a great day.

WANT MORE ENGLISH LESSONS? GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH, "BOB THE CANADIAN"

#easyenglish #speakingenglish #englishgrammar

---

⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!

---

✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:

---

✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:

yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,take it or leave it,meaning of take it or leave it,meaning of your loss,your loss,

Post a Comment

0 Comments