Advertisement

Meaning of QUIT COLD TURKEY - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Meaning of QUIT COLD TURKEY - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles READ ALONG TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH AND TO LEARN THE MEANING OF QUIT COLD TURKEY: So turkey is a kind of meat that we eat. And when you quit something cold turkey, it means that you've quit completely, all of a sudden, and you don't even do that thing a little bit. We often use this phrase when we talk about people who quit smoking. Believe it or not, a long time ago, I was a smoker. I used to smoke cigarettes, it was really bad. No one should smoke. But one day after I got pneumonia, which is a really bad lung infection, I quit cold turkey. So I decided that day that I liked breathing, that I liked having the ability to breathe freely, and that I didn't like having pneumonia. It was not a nice sickness to have. So years ago, after I was sick, I quit cold turkey. That means I never smoked again after that. I just stopped that day, and it was over.

So we do use this phrase for other things as well. People will quit doing other things in their lives cold turkey. But we usually use it to refer to something that they are addicted to. Sometimes, people who drink a little bit too much will decide that they need to quit, and they decide that instead of cutting back, that's another English phrase, instead of drinking less, or instead of smoking less, they will quit cold turkey. That means that they have their last drink, they have their last smoke, and then they just stop, and they don't have another one.

#englishlesson #englishcourse #english

---

⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!

---

✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:

---

✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:

yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,quit cold turkey,meaning of quit cold turkey,

Post a Comment

0 Comments